III Bienal Ciudad Juárez – El Paso Biennial 2013
Para obtener instrucciones en español, visite el sitio Web.
Visual Arts Director and Chief Curator
National Museum of Mexican Art, Chicago
Video Artist, Mexico City
The Bienal Ciudad Juárez-El Paso Biennial 2013 is the third collaborative exhibition between the two museums that highlights art and artists from the US-Mexico border. This year we invite artists to submit work on any theme. Artists must live and work within 200 miles of the boundary between the United States and Mexico. Each museum will exhibit one of two selected artworks by each artist. All works included will be reproduced in the accompanying exhibition catalog.
· November 1, 2012–February 28, 2013
· March 1–31, 2013
Judging of entries
· April 1, 2013
Acceptance notifications sent
· April 29–May 10, 2013
Delivery of accepted artworks to EPMA/MACJ
· May 26, 2013
· August 18, 2013
· August 23–September 6, 2013
Artists pick up artworks at EPMA or MACJ
Entries can be submitted by artists of Mexican and American nationality, and those from other countries who have lived in Mexico or the United States for the last two years after residency status.
Any work that does not respect the following specifications will be automatically disqualified.
1. Each artist may submit for the consideration of the jury at least two works and no more than five in one of the following formats:
a. Two-dimensional: individual format with a maximum length of 200 cm on each of its sides.
b. Three-dimensional: the work should not exceed 300 x 300 x 300 cm and the weight should not exceed 800 kg.
c. Video: works should not exceed 15 minutes duration.
2. All the works of a given artist should be in the same medium (e.g., painting) and should have similar size.
3. In no case will the committee accept artworks that would endanger people or exhibition spaces. It is the responsibility of the artist to insure that the work is ready for exhibition.
4. The Bienal Ciudad Juárez-El Paso Biennial 2013 will accept only unpublished works that have been produced since 2011. Works previously exhibited physically or virtually, works already judged in other competitions, or works that are replicas of previous creations will not be considered.
MATERIALS TO BE SUBMITTED
5. Two distinguished persons in the field—one from Mexico and the other from the United States—will select the works for exhibition. In order to submit, artists should e-mail the necessary materials no later than
January 31, 2013 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
** It is recommended that participants e-mail all of their information in one e-mail in order to insure complete receipt of materials.
6. The following ítems are requested from participants:
a. Name of artist or collective (with members’ names)
b. Complete mailing address
c. Telephone / Email
d. Format of submissions (two- or three-dimensional)
e. Discipline (e.g., painting)
f. Technical information for each work submitted
o Title of work
o Date of work
o Technique (for mixed-media works, specify all materials)
o Measurements in cm: height x width (x depth)
o Duration (for video works)
o Weight (in kg)
g. Edited Artist’s Statement (250–500 words) in Word format
h. Curriculum vitae no larger than one page in Word format
i. List of exhibitions
j. Digital image of each work submitted, in a form not smaller than 360 dpi. The title of the digital file should correspond to the title of the work. In the case of three-dimensional works or where otherwise required, the artist should include three photographs showing the work from different angles.
k. For those works that operate directly in the exhibition space, artists should submit a description of the project no longer than a page, along with any necessary support material such as plans, sketches, maquettes, drawings, illustrations, or videos.
l. For video works, participants should submit the complete work in one of the following file formats: .mpeg, .wmv, or .avi, in a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels minimum. Artists should also include two still images from the video in a format of at least 360 dpi.
For more information, contact:
Organizing Committee of the Bienal Ciudad Juárez-El Paso Biennial 2013
El Paso Museum of Art
One Arts Festival Plaza
El Paso, Texas 79912
Tel +1 (915) 532 1707
Fax +1 (915) 532 1010
Comité Organizador de la Bienal Ciudad Juárez-El Paso Biennial 2013
Museo de Arte de Ciudad Juárez
Ave. Lincoln y Coyoacán s/n, Zona PRONAF
Cuidad Juárez, Chihuahua
Tel +52 (656) 613 17 08
Fax +52 (656) 616 74 14
This ad has been viewed 172 times