POSITION: Marketing Director
HIRE DATE: February 2012
COMPENSATION: $29,000 yearly salary + health & dental insurance + 401(k) benefits
Austin Film Festival furthers the art and craft of filmmaking by inspiring and championing the work of screenwriters, filmmakers, and all artists who use the language of film to tell a story.
While working for this critically recognized organization, applicants are expected to be able to work efficiently and professionally in a fast paced, team-oriented production environment. In such an environment, the ability to work well under pressure, excellent communication skills and intense organizational skills are a must.
• To enhance the overall year-round presence of Austin Film Festival within the writers’ and film industry (both locally and nationally)
• To enhance the position of Austin Film Festival in these industries by creating strategic partnerships and outreach
• To maintain and meet all yearly economic sales and goals
• To maintain and follow a yearly marketing timeline
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Since its foundation in 1993, Austin Film Festival has consistently focused on the writers’ creative contribution to film by creating a forum for craft development, inspiration, and networking in an effort to aid the launching careers of screenwriters.
The Marketing Director oversees the overall marketing plan and all promotional efforts related to the mission of Austin Film Festival. In addition, the Marketing Director assists other departments in fulfilling their responsibilities and promotional needs. He/She is responsible for the visual representation and branding of the organization as a whole as well as its many parts. Facilitates general outreach in the local community as well as the local, national, and international industry. Coordinates advertising, PR, art and design, website and social media, events, and relationships with media and community partners. Analyzes current advertising trends and marketing metrics to better interpret our audiences. Monitors all sales and marketing efforts in order to make sure goals are achieved.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities of the Marketing Director include but are not limited to:
• Create and follow a marketing timeline for all year round Austin Film Festival events
• Create and facilitate community relationships and industry partnerships designed to promote year-round events, Summer Camp, and Festival; working together to cross-promote.
• Work with Event Coordinator, Film Dept. and Conference Dept. to organize, promote and run all year-round events. Organize logistics, lock promotional partners, promote to local media, send invites and promote in newsletter, manage communications with venue and partners, create event listings on website and other event sites, create RSVP form and maintain RSVP list, design and disseminate flyers and promotional materials, attend and oversee event management.
• Create weekly newsletter, sent out on Wednesdays, as well as all email blasts for events, promotions, deadlines, sponsors, etc. Maintain contact lists in Emma emailing system, constantly updating.
• Manage Austin Film Festival website and On Story website, updating content daily, creating sliders, managing blog, writing news articles and announcements, monitoring sales and the store, updating images, creating event pages, etc. Work with web designer to maintain website design and structure.
• Monitor and analyze online marketing efforts through Google analytics, Emma analytics, etc.
• Manage all Social Media for Festival, Film & Food, and On Story including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others. Maintain a regular posting schedule with a variety of material.
• Secure paid advertising for the Festival, Summer Camp, and Film & Food in radio, television, web and print. Oversee design and execution (fitting into overall Festival brand and annual art concept) and manage delivery of all advertising.
• Act as main contact for Design firm, working with them to developing artwork and design concepts for AFF collateral, advertising, web campaigns, etc.
• Act as main contact for PR firm, coordinating all PR efforts, drafting press releases geared toward our audiences, maintaining relationships with local and industry press. Contacting local and industry press regarding year-round events and announcements to promote coverage.
• Keep records of all Festival press in papers, weeklies and on web.
• Organize and manage a team of interns – assign and oversee duties such as maintaining social media, research, analysis, newsletter, flyer design, event listings and promotion, etc.
• Meet with the other departments frequently in order to determine marketing needs, sales progress, new promotional ideas, etc.
• Outline and run the bi-weekly marketing meetings with the entire staff: address analytics, up-coming events, marketing campaigns, staff needs, new ideas, and progress of financial and other goals.
• Intense niche marketing of films, panels, panelists, and filmmakers in order to drive Badge and Film Pass sales
• Develop a Film marketing plan to execute in the weeks leading up to the Festival, creating a marketing strategy for each film/screening
• Work with Conference Director in promoting the Conference panels and panelists
• Work heavily with PR firm to coordinate all PR coverage efforts, drafting last minute press releases and coordinating with local and industry press.
• Grassroots marketing for the Festival through the local groups, organizations, establishments, etc.
• Work with Volunteer Coordinator in managing a team of volunteers to distribute marketing materials including Festival posters, program pocket guides and program books.
• Making sure venues are filled with Festival information and film posters
• Following through on contest winners to ensure proper prizes are given at registration.
• Familiarity with the Film Industry (both local and national) and Austin Film Festival
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Familiarity with website maintenance, social media strategies, graphic design basics (Photoshop), analytics software
• Organizational skills
• Must be able to multi-task and work in an ever-changing office and festival environment
• Self-motivated and with the ability to work off of a timeline
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Must be creative, with a keen eye for design
• Must be able to manage a team of interns and volunteers
• Able to manage ideas on the fly and think on your feet
• Enjoy working with people and the public, especially within the screenwriter’s community
• Have an outgoing personality
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Austin Film Festival
Attn: Office Manager
1801 Salina St.
Austin, TX 78702
Or email to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Director Position”
This ad has been viewed 305 times