Houston artists: Apply for Studio Visits! Diverse Discourse Lecture & Studio Visit Series at DiverseWorks
Diverse Discourse: Lecture and Studio Visit Series
STUDIO VISIT APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 24
Diverse Discourse brings national curators, artistic directors, and critics to Houston to present a free public lecture and conduct studio visits with selected Houston-area artists, performers, and writers. Diverse Discourse provides a significant opportunity for area artists in all disciplines to have their work reviewed by a variety of distinguished arts professionals, fostering a cultural exchange across the nation between artists and cultural producers.
Artists must apply to be considered for a studio visit. The application deadline for the Spring 2013 lecture and studio visit series is Thursday, January 24, 2013.
- must reside in Harris County
- must be a DiverseWorks member at any level (artists who participated in the 2012 Luck of the Draw are current DW members)
- must NOT be currently enrolled in a degree-granting program (ie BFA or MFA)
Please note: Artists are selected for studio visits by each visiting lecturer. Only selected artists will be notified.
To apply you will need:
- a resume or C.V.
- artist statement (no more than one page or 500 words)
- documentation of your work (see application for specific formatting requirements)
To access the online application, click the link above or visit www.diverseworks.org
This ad has been viewed 227 times