AMOA-Arthouse internships are ideal for expanding one’s understanding of the functions of contemporary art spaces and non-profit organizations, as well as a great way to become an active part of the visual arts community in Austin.
Duties for this unpaid education internship include facilitating tour groups, writing teacher resource materials, maintaining education and exhibition archives, compiling resources for docents, drafting correspondence, and researching educational initiatives. Internship requires a time commitment of 10-12 hours/week. This internship is located at The Jones Center.
• Available to undergraduate and graduate level studio art, art history, and art education students
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proactive spirit, professional demeanor, and positive attitude
• Familiarity with a PC, MS Word & Excel, and e-mail applications
• Ability to get to downtown offices
Internships are organized into fall, spring and summer sessions at both of our locations. All applicants applying for a position should send a cover letter, resume and internship application form to Natalie Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline for Spring 2013 is Friday, November 30th.
This ad has been viewed 322 times