Public Programming Internship
AMOA-Arthouse internships are ideal for expanding one’s understanding of the functions of contemporary art spaces and non-profit organizations, as well as a great way to become an active part of the visual arts community in Austin.
The Public Programs intern works closely with our curatorial team and performs a variety of tasks related to exhibitions and AMOA-Arthouse programs. Such tasks include online and library research, gallery email inquiries, relevant off-site visits, attendance at all AMOA-Arthouse related programs and events, and organizing artists’ applications for the AMOA-Arthouse Visiting Lecturer Series. The internship is located at The Jones Center. This internship requires a writing sample of no more than 3 pages in length.
Prospective interns should meet the following qualifications:
• Have a strong academic background in art history and a devoted interest in contemporary art, issues, and visual culture
• An attention to detail and strong organizational, writing, and computer skills are required
• Creative thinker
• Experience with or interest in programming and curating
• Ability to work Thursday evenings during AMOA-Arthouse programs
• Knowledge of Austin visual art scene a plus
Internships are organized into fall, spring and summer sessions at both of our locations. All applicants applying for a position should send a cover letter, resume and internship application form to Natalie Baker, email@example.com. The application deadline for Spring 2013 is Friday, November 30th.
This ad has been viewed 320 times