Aurora Picture Show seeks Executive Director
Position: Executive Director
Deadline to Apply: August 30, 2012
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the organization and is responsible for conducting its administration in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with policies set by the Board of Directors. The ED is also responsible for leading the development and implementation of the mission, vision and values of the Aurora Picture Show.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
This is a non-exempt salaried position reporting to the President of the Board. This position works 40 hours per week.
• Runs the organization in a fiscally responsible manner within the Board-approved budget; prepares an annual operating budget (approximately $400K) for Board approval and manages cash flow throughout the year
• Evaluates, enhances and standardizes business practices
• Directs, manages and evaluates all Aurora programs, including screenings and special events, artist services, education initiatives (internship, Popcorn Kids, and Mobile Media Literacy programs), as well as the Aurora Video Library
• Helps develop and maintain relationships with donors and sponsors through correspondence, phone calls, meetings and donor appreciation events.
• Develop, implement major donor recognition program. Cultivate and nurture relationships with foundations, individual and corporate donors to retain and upgrade gifts.
• Based on annual budget created by the BOD, creates and executes annual Development plan including yearly membership plan, quarterly fundraisers, annual award dinner, and grant income
• Works with Membership Associate to create yearly membership plan, maintain E-tapestry database of donor contacts, track all donations and renewals, and coordinate appeals
• Manages all grants including grant writing, submission, acknowledgment, tracking, reporting, file maintenance
• Develop and manage Board giving
• Organizes job descriptions, completes staff evaluations, directs compensation and training of staff, organizes annual staff retreat
• Hires, supervises, evaluates all personnel (2 full-time, 2 part-time)
• Ensures compliance with personnel policies and state and federal regulations on workplace and employment
• Supervises annual marketing plan to target markets and identify strategies for membership and ticket sales
• Acts as ambassador to the community attending art/film events, conferences and festivals
• Oversees all marketing and public relations efforts as performed by Associate Director, including the website, email newsletter, press packets, press releases, and media pitches
Board of Directors Liason:
• Regularly facilitates the participation and involvement of the full Board
• Assesses and reports organizational needs and issues to the Board and makes recommendations for improvements
• Plans annual retreat with Board President to evaluate the year, plan for the next and update the long-range plan and implement strategic planning
The ideal Executive Director will possess the following characteristics:
• Experience directing non-profit organizations and working with Boards of Directors
• Development experience in the form of cultivating donors, working on prospect lists, and fundraising events
• A strong vision and philosophy on leadership and management of an arts institution
• A knowledge of the fields of film, new media, and/or contemporary art
• Familiarity with the Houston arts and business communities. An established network of local colleagues is preferred.
• Ability to set and meet goals and objectives while working in a small, collaborative team environment
• Extremely organized and able to develop detailed systems, policies and procedures
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Confidence, integrity and ethics
Experience and Qualifications:
• 5-10 years of non-profit experience, preferably in an arts organization
• Minimum B.A., B.F.A., M.A., or M.F.A. in a related field.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references by August 30, 2012 with “Executive Director – Aurora Picture Show” in the subject line to: email@example.com
Aurora Picture Show Board of Directors
2442 Bartlett Street
Houston, TX 77098
Re: Executive Director Search
Please no phone calls.
This ad has been viewed 267 times