Fall Internship Opportunities at Lawndale Art Center
Lawndale Art Center
Fall 2012 Internship Opportunities
Lawndale Art Center seeks interns to assist the staff with tasks such as assistance with exhibition installation, research and archiving, special events and daily activities associated with gallery administration. Preference is given to individuals currently enrolled in a studio art degree program, and recent graduates (within one year of graduation).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commit a minimum of 80 hours, and adhere to a set schedule.
- Be responsible, punctual and comfortable working independently.
- Enjoy attending and be present as a Lawndale representative for events and workshops.
- Possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
- Publish content to the Lawndale blog, as well as assist with uploading new content to our media sharing and social networking sites.
- Use Constant Contact, specialized filing systems and computer database programs to update emails lists and visitor information.
- Perform routine office administration tasks such as preparing direct mail for fundraising campaigns.
- Perform miscellaneous gallery duties as needed, such as patch and paint walls, organize equipment and distribute event invites.
- Work hands-on with artists, staff and resident artists.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule. The Lawndale administrative offices are open 10AM-5PM Monday through Friday with occasional evening/weekend hours during special events.
- Have reliable access to your own transportation.
Interns will report to Lawndale staff on a regular schedule, and work side-by-side with staff in the office and gallery.
Due to the varied tasks associated with operating an art gallery, the following physical activities may be required: Climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing/pulling and lifting.
Internships are unpaid. They may be completed for 3 credit hours.
Submit a resume and cover letter to:
Community Relations Coordinator
Lawndale Art Center
4912 Main St.
Houston, TX 77002
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, August 6, 2012
This ad has been viewed 354 times