“This and That” is an occasional series of paired observations. -Ed.
Occasionally, objects are intentionally placed in a way that doesn’t make sense. Other times, however, the misplacement is purely an inadvertent surprise. Here, we have both instances. While Paul Kremer’s Great Art in Ugly Rooms photoshops well-known artworks into fusty (and totally inappropriate) settings, the other images below were found inside a portable toilet. Who wouldn’t need some motivation while using the bathroom?
No matter how original, innovative or crazy your idea, someone else is also working on that idea. Furthermore, they are using notation very similar to yours. – Bruce J. MacLennan
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: November 23, 2017 - November 23rd, 2017
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017