The French painter, Edgar Degas, painted dancers. Now, dancers plan to dance his paintings. Playwright Daniel Ciba has put together a show about the dancers Degas painted. (Most of Degas’ paintings are of dancers.) The Boiling Point Players will start its season with Ciba’s Positions October 19-28 at Houston’s Beacon Theatre, 5102 Navigation Blvd. The description reads:
Positions is a fictional imagining of the life of the painter Edgar Degas, told by twelve of the dancers he painted. Their stories echo the history of the theater; each voice desperately struggling to present her position, as one by one they vanish from the stage. Ranging from the beautiful to the violent, these “paintings” construct a fragmented depiction of the power and chaos enacted by artists on their creations.
It sounds so Impressionistic.
also by Paula Newton
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017