The Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery announced that former President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama have selected the artists who will paint their portraits for its Portrait Gallery’s permanent collection. The paintings will be unveiled at the museum in early 2018.
“The Portrait Gallery is absolutely delighted that Kehinde Wiley and Amy Sherald have agreed to create the official portraits of our former President and First Lady,” said the director of the National Portrait Gallery.
also by Paula Newton
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017