If you’re in San Antonio and you’ve been looking for a reason to read books related to art, today is your lucky day — Clamp Light, the artist-run studio and gallery space, has announced the formation of a book club. Cheekily named “The Book Lights,” as both a reference to Clamp Light and to the nature of sneakily reading under the covers as a kid, the club will get together on the last Wednesday of every moth to discuss their readings and pick the next month’s book. There are only two rules to attend: you have to do the reading, and the books selected have to be related to art.
The first meeting of The Book Lights is planned for October 25th at 6PM. Attendees will discuss The Subversive Stitch by Rozsika Parker and pick a book to read for November. For more information, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Houston Cinema Arts Festival Returns Next Month with Houston-Centric Programming - October 17th, 2017
- This and That: Oldenburg / Davenport - October 17th, 2017
- Sculpture Month Houston Returns to Houston's Grain Silos - October 16th, 2017
- Art Organizations: the FEMA Deadline is Approaching - October 15th, 2017
- Kusama is Coming to Marfa - October 14th, 2017