Some of us at Glasstire aren’t particularly prone to clicking through on the click-baity social media ads and lists and quizzes posted by friends. But this is a pretty entertaining art-related one from Bored Panda that’s made the rounds on Facebook. It’s a series of photos of present-day people standing in front of historical paintings, in museums and galleries, that feature their dopplegängers. Some of them are pretty spot-on! We do love looking at faces.
We’ve posted a few here below, but go ahead and give in to the click-bait if you want to see them all.
And yes, this last one is Weird Al, and yes, his chin is more prominent than the one in the painting, but it’s not a bad resemblance.
also by Glasstire
- Rice University's Fondren Library Acquires Contemporary Arts Museum Houston Archive - September 22nd, 2017
- Free Workshop This Saturday To Help Save Water-Damaged Art Objects - September 21st, 2017
- Salvador Dalí is NOT the Father! - September 21st, 2017
- Top Five: September 21, 2017 with Lucia Simek - September 21st, 2017
- Houston Arts Alliance Names New CEO - September 20th, 2017