Some of us at Glasstire aren’t particularly prone to clicking through on the click-baity social media ads and lists and quizzes posted by friends. But this is a pretty entertaining art-related one from Bored Panda that’s made the rounds on Facebook. It’s a series of photos of present-day people standing in front of historical paintings, in museums and galleries, that feature their dopplegängers. Some of them are pretty spot-on! We do love looking at faces.
We’ve posted a few here below, but go ahead and give in to the click-bait if you want to see them all.
And yes, this last one is Weird Al, and yes, his chin is more prominent than the one in the painting, but it’s not a bad resemblance.
also by Glasstire
- Celebrate the Life and Work of Harry Geffert in Dallas - November 24th, 2017
- Top Five: November 23, 2017 - November 23rd, 2017
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017