Applications are now open for the tenth round of The Idea Fund, a re-granting program funded by The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts and administered by Houston organizations DiverseWorks, Aurora Picture Show, and Project Row Houses. The program will fund a total of 12-14 projects at three levels: Spark ($1,000), Catalyst ($4,000), and Stimulus ($7,000). Some information on application requirements is below:
- The application is due Monday, November 6, 2017.
- Artists, curators, collectives, collaboratives and partnerships are all welcome to apply.
- The lead artist on the application must reside in one of the following counties: Harris, Galveston, Brazoria, Fort Bend, Waller, Chambers, Liberty, or Montgomery.
- The Idea Fund favors projects that exemplify unconventional, participatory or social practice, conceptual, innovative or entrepreneurial, or activist artistic practices that occur outside of the traditional frameworks of support.
- Projects must be completed by December 31, 2018.
- The jurors for this round include Emanuelee Outspoken Bean, a performance poet and round nine Idea Fund grantee; Gia Hamilton, the director of the Joan Mitchell Center in New Orleans; John Rasmussen, the director of Midway Contemporary Art in Minneapolis; and Liz Rodda, an artist and professor at Texas Sate University in San Marcos.
If you want to find our more about the grant, there are three upcoming information sessions across the greater Houston area:
Tuesday, October 17, 7 – 9pm at Aurora Picture Show
Monday, October 30, 6 – 8pm at MECA (Multicultural and Education Counseling through the Arts)
Wednesday, November 1, 6 – 8 pm at the Galveston Artist Residency
To see a list of last year’s Idea Fund grantees, go here.
also by Glasstire
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017
- Pump Project: The Latest Casualty of Austin's East Side Boom - November 18th, 2017