Lawndale Art Center has announced the date of their 30th Annual Día de los Muertos Retablo Exhibition: set to open on October 27 and close with a silent auction on November 2, the show will feature 300 8×10 inch retablo tins made by Houston artists. If you want to be a part of the show, you’ll have to be on the ball — tins always go fast! Retablos will be available for pick up on Saturday, September 16 and Sunday, September 17 from 1-4. They must be turned in by October 25.
The exhibition will also feature other programs, including:
—A selection of short films presented by Houston Latino Film Festival on Friday, October 27.
—Family Day Fiesta with free family programming and art making activities on Saturday, October 28.
—Musical and Literary Ofrenda presented by Lawndale Art Center, River Oaks Chamber on Orchestra, Musiqa, Houston Hispanic Forum, and Inprint on Monday, October 30.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: November 23, 2017 - November 23rd, 2017
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017