Lawndale Art Center has announced the date of their 30th Annual Día de los Muertos Retablo Exhibition: set to open on October 27 and close with a silent auction on November 2, the show will feature 300 8×10 inch retablo tins made by Houston artists. If you want to be a part of the show, you’ll have to be on the ball — tins always go fast! Retablos will be available for pick up on Saturday, September 16 and Sunday, September 17 from 1-4. They must be turned in by October 25.
The exhibition will also feature other programs, including:
—A selection of short films presented by Houston Latino Film Festival on Friday, October 27.
—Family Day Fiesta with free family programming and art making activities on Saturday, October 28.
—Musical and Literary Ofrenda presented by Lawndale Art Center, River Oaks Chamber on Orchestra, Musiqa, Houston Hispanic Forum, and Inprint on Monday, October 30.
also by Glasstire
- Houston Arts Alliance Names New CEO - September 20th, 2017
- Theaster Gates Named 2018 Nasher Prize Winner - September 19th, 2017
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017
- This and That: Yes, They're Men - September 16th, 2017