As first reported in Mashable, the French artist JR (a.k.a. “The French Banksy”) has mounted a 30-foot tall image of a baby overlooking the fence at the Mexican border at Tecate, Mexico (across from San Diego County, CA). The pieces coincides elegantly with President Trump’s announcement this week that he is ending the DACA, or “Dreamers” program for immigrants brought to the US as young children.
Art often doesn’t speak effectively to politics. But sometimes, it does.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: November 23, 2017 - November 23rd, 2017
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017