As first reported in Mashable, the French artist JR (a.k.a. “The French Banksy”) has mounted a 30-foot tall image of a baby overlooking the fence at the Mexican border at Tecate, Mexico (across from San Diego County, CA). The pieces coincides elegantly with President Trump’s announcement this week that he is ending the DACA, or “Dreamers” program for immigrants brought to the US as young children.
Art often doesn’t speak effectively to politics. But sometimes, it does.
also by Glasstire
- Houston Arts Alliance Names New CEO - September 20th, 2017
- Theaster Gates Named 2018 Nasher Prize Winner - September 19th, 2017
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017
- This and That: Yes, They're Men - September 16th, 2017