The Corpus Christi Songwriters promote original music in the Coastal Bend through a monthly local talent show called “In the Rounds.” Usually, it’s a big open mic fiesta but this month, it will present its featured musicians, leaving only five open slots filled on a first-come-first-serve basis, reports the Corpus Christi Caller-Times. This Sunday, September 10, all proceeds will go to the Rockport Center for the Arts (RCA). For photos of RCA’s devastation, scroll through this article.
Luis Purón, executive director of the RCA, told the Caller-Times that he has felt empowered by the support from the community since Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas Coast. “With benefits such as the one being hosted by the Corpus Christi Songwriters and many others across the United States, we will surely succeed,” he said.
also by Paula Newton
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017