Houston organization Fresh Arts has launched the Disaster Relief Fund for Texas Artists, with 100% of the proceeds going directly to help artists affected by Hurricane Harvey.
They are holding an exhibition and fundraiser to support the fund at Spring Street Studios on Saturday Sept. 9th, 2017.
And they need art! They’ve issued an open call. Details can be found here.
“All proceeds raised will be given to individual artists impacted by the disaster to help them preserve work, rebuild studio and live/work spaces, purchase supplies and continue with their creative missions.”
Want to donate, but not in Houston? Never fear: we hear of fundraisers organizing in other cities. Will keep you posted.
also by Glasstire
- City of Austin Announces 2017 TEMPO Projects - September 24th, 2017
- Project Your Work Outdoors at 'Bring Your Own Beamer' in Dallas - September 23rd, 2017
- Rice University's Fondren Library Acquires Contemporary Arts Museum Houston Archive - September 22nd, 2017
- Free Workshop This Saturday To Help Save Water-Damaged Art Objects - September 21st, 2017
- Salvador Dalí is NOT the Father! - September 21st, 2017