Since 2001, the Studio Museum in Harlem has put on a cycle of exhibitions called the “F-series,” including Freestyle, Frequency, Fore, and Flow. This year’s F show is called Fictions, featuring 19 emerging artists. The exhibition opens on September 14 and runs through January 2018, reports ARTnews.
The one Texas artist in the group is Austinite Deborah Roberts, recently featured in a solo show at Houston’s Art Palace gallery. To read Glasstire’s review of that exhibition by Rainey Knudson, go here.
Congratulations to Deborah!
also by Paula Newton
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017