Since 2001, the Studio Museum in Harlem has put on a cycle of exhibitions called the “F-series,” including Freestyle, Frequency, Fore, and Flow. This year’s F show is called Fictions, featuring 19 emerging artists. The exhibition opens on September 14 and runs through January 2018, reports ARTnews.
The one Texas artist in the group is Austinite Deborah Roberts, recently featured in a solo show at Houston’s Art Palace gallery. To read Glasstire’s review of that exhibition by Rainey Knudson, go here.
Congratulations to Deborah!
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Annual Art Bazaar Returns - November 24th, 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017