Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner is asking the City to look into getting rid of the monument to the “Spirit of the Confederacy” in Houston’s Sam Houston Park, erected in 1908 by the Robert E. Lee chapter of the national United Daughters of the Confederacy, reports the Houston Chronicle.
To view images of other local Confederate monuments, check out the Chronicle article.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Annual Art Bazaar Returns - November 24th, 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017