New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art offers a program called The Museum Workout, which it describes as “part gallery tour, part dance performance, part workout.” Choreographed by Monica Bill Barnes & Company, participants can listen to disco music and get an aerobic workout while touring a two-mile route through the Met.
It has already had two sold out runs and the current schedule will run through mid-December.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Curator Snagged by Oklahoma - October 23rd, 2017
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017