Local residents and a tape art crew covered the Amarillo Police Department in colored painter’s tape yesterday, August 9, reports the Amarillo Globe-News. “It’s a simple image of police officers cultivating plants and giving plants to the community,” tape artist Michael Townsend said. “We like the idea of them going out cultivating and giving to the community.”
The crew was brought to town by the Citadelle Art Foundation in nearby Canadian, TX (population 2,700). The Amarillo project was meant to generate excitement for a larger project in Canadian. They will be there for two weeks in late October creating work and visiting schools and adjacent towns.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017