Everyone deserves the joyous opportunity of expression through the visual arts, including Brad Pitt, Pierce Brosnan, Tony Bennett, Sylvester Stallone, Miley Cyrus, and James Franco.
Actor/comedian Jim Carrey now joins that group. He’s been painting and sculpting for six years now but, through a mini-documentary, I Needed Color, from Signature Gallery Group, Carrey is quickly gaining attention, reports Rolling Stone.
Whether you like his art or not, Carrey has sweet words to say about the process:
“You know, the bottom line is all of this, whether it’s performance or it’s art or it’s sculpture, is love. We want to show ourselves and have that be accepted. I love being alive and the art is the evidence of that.”
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Curator Snagged by Oklahoma - October 23rd, 2017
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017