San Antonio native and long-time folksinger Tish Hinojosa aims to convert her childhood house into a “Home For The Arts,” featuring intimate concerts, art exhibitions, songwriting and music workshops, kids programs, and regular community events, according to the Rivard Report.
Starting a crowd funding site, Hinojosa states:
This house has recently come up on the real estate market. I am hoping that with your help, I can purchase and put love back into it. Although I have had an enriching and magical music career, and musicians rarely “retire,” I am at an age now that has me thinking of enjoying life closer to home and offering something to my community as well.
also by Paula Newton
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 21st, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017
- The Obamas Choose Their Official Portraitists - October 17th, 2017