San Antonio native and long-time folksinger Tish Hinojosa aims to convert her childhood house into a “Home For The Arts,” featuring intimate concerts, art exhibitions, songwriting and music workshops, kids programs, and regular community events, according to the Rivard Report.
Starting a crowd funding site, Hinojosa states:
This house has recently come up on the real estate market. I am hoping that with your help, I can purchase and put love back into it. Although I have had an enriching and magical music career, and musicians rarely “retire,” I am at an age now that has me thinking of enjoying life closer to home and offering something to my community as well.
also by Paula Newton
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017
- Getting Sweaty at the Museum - August 11th, 2017
- Tape Art Comes to the Panhandle - August 10th, 2017
- One More Celebrity Turned Artist: Jim Carrey - August 9th, 2017