Americans for the Arts honored 49 outstanding public arts projects created in 2016 through the Public Art Network (PAN) Year in Review program, the only national program that specifically recognizes the most compelling public art. Chosen by a jury from 325 entries representing communities across the country, the roster of winning projects was unveiled at Americans for the Arts’ 2017 Annual Convention.
Last year, PAN honored seven Texas artists and this year it chose six artists, but six is still a high percentage of the 49 honorees. Half of these projects were supported by the Weingarten Art Group. Here is a list of the winning projects:
Christian Moeller, Cactus
Francois Foullhe, Enchanted Promenade
Christopher Schardt, Firmament
Buster Simpson, Midden Mound Wicklups
Donald Lipski, The Cloud
Patrick Renner, Trumpet Flower
Congratulations to all!
also by Paula Newton
- Trump Tax Laws Not Good for Museums - October 16th, 2017
- Former MFAH Core Fellow Dies Suddenly - October 13th, 2017
- Amid Immigration Debates, Borderland Art Reigns - October 12th, 2017
- Houston Quilts Have Enemies! - October 11th, 2017
- Holograms: Museum Creates a Place for Conversation with the Past and Future - October 10th, 2017