A framing store in Florida is putting on an exhibition called “Apes That Paint,” featuring works by Bubbles, Michael Jackson’s chimp, among other “celebrity animals,” reports the Daily Mail.
Now 34 years old, Bubbles was retired to the Center for Great Apes in 2005 when he was 20 and spends most of his time painting and playing in tubs of water. The exhibition will feature paintings ranging from $200 to $2,000 and funds will go towards the Center, which houses apes rescued or retired from the entertainment industry.
also by Paula Newton
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017