Aurora, the Dallas biennial public art event of light, video and sound, has announced its curators and theme for its fifth version.
Dooeun Choi, Justine Ludwig, and Nadim Samman will co-curate the exhibition and its theme will be “Future Worlds,” asking artists to imagine possible futures. For the first time, the biennial will be held in the I. M. Pei designed city hall (which the Dallas Observer deemed one of “Dallas’ fugliest buildings”), as well as other venues throughout the city.
also by Paula Newton
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017
- Deadline Approaches for Corsicana Residency - July 14th, 2017