Aurora, the Dallas biennial public art event of light, video and sound, has announced its curators and theme for its fifth version.
Dooeun Choi, Justine Ludwig, and Nadim Samman will co-curate the exhibition and its theme will be “Future Worlds,” asking artists to imagine possible futures. For the first time, the biennial will be held in the I. M. Pei designed city hall (which the Dallas Observer deemed one of “Dallas’ fugliest buildings”), as well as other venues throughout the city.
also by Paula Newton
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017