At the last Artist Town Hall, presented by Artists Take Action (ATAHouston) at the Station Museum in early April, breakout sessions led to further meetings, ideas, and activism. They are going to bring it all together again at the Multicultural Education and Counseling Through the Arts (MECA) on Wednesday, July 12, from 6:30-9pm.
ATAHouston has announced the program of a panel of demonstration/march/action/happening organizers to talk about their ideas, strategies, experiences and impacts including Maria Jimenez, Daniel Cohen, Elle Church and Andrea Greer, and a brief presentation by representatives from the Mayor’s office and HPD to talk about the permitting process and how to make your way through it.
ATAHouston has also launched a website with all sorts of resources for activist artists.
also by Paula Newton
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017