Today, the Marfa-based Chinati Foundation announced that the 2017 Chinati Weekend will take place Friday, October 6 to Sunday, October 8. Like past years, the weekend will feature open viewings of Chinati’s grounds and of the Judd Foundation’s buildings, along with exhibitions all over town of works by local, national, and international artists. This year’s festivities include the opening of a special exhibition featuring a new artwork by Op art pioneer Bridget Riley.
The weekend will also feature a performance by Solange Knowles. The musician and performance artist has popped up frequently in the art world this year: in May, she presented a performance art piece at New York’s Guggenheim Museum, and before that, Solange presented Scales, a visual interpretation of her latest album A Seat at the Table, at Houston’s Menil Collection. As an additional connection to Marfa, Solange’s art book/album companion publication called A Seat at the Table is currently available at the Marfa Book Company.
also by Glasstire
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017
- This and That: Yes, They're Men - September 16th, 2017
- John Biggers Mural in Houston Damaged by Hurricane Harvey - September 16th, 2017
- 3rd Annual Art Walk West is in Dallas Tomorrow - September 15th, 2017