There’s a new nonprofit in Denton called the Denton Music & Arts Collective (DMAC) and first on its agenda is health care assistance for local artists and musicians, reports the Denton Record-Chronicle.
While Denton’s housing and living costs have risen, the city profits from its local talented artists. The same could be said of Austin, so its musicians have also taken healthcare issues into their own hands. The Health Alliance for Austin Musicians, founded in 2005, serves as a model for DMAC.
About twenty artists have joined the organization’s membership so far. The DMAC is still looking for fundraising opportunities and working on its website. The nonprofit will host a kick-off party on August 26 at Dan’s Silverleaf.
also by Paula Newton
- Solange Knowles + Donald Judd = Love Songs - August 23rd, 2017
- Houston Nonprofits Join the Coalition Against Hate - August 22nd, 2017
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017