The fourth cycle of the City of Austin’s TEMPO public art program has announced its 2017 participating artists. This year, nine artists or artist teams have been selected to create temporary outdoor works in nine of the City’s districts. The tenth district will host an exhibition of all the TEMPO works during the East Austin Studio Tour (EAST) in November.
Professional visual artists or artist teams who live and work in Williamson, Travis, Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Burnet, and Blanco counties were invited to apply for a budget of up to $10,000. Watch for upcoming details of the proposed projects on the TEMPO website.
also by Paula Newton
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017