Arts Take Action Houston (ATAH), an informal coalition of artists and arts activists formed in January, is holding a Town Hall Meeting on April 3 at the Station Museum of Contemporary Art. It may seem that there have been tons of these in the past couple of years, but this meeting has a specific focus: “to propose and initiate purposeful, creative political action.” Oh, and there will be music, food, and beer.
Who can attend? “Including but not limited to: musicians and sound artists, visual artists, dancers and choreographers, curators and gallerists, directors and designers, writers, poets, actors, performers, filmmakers, makers of all kinds, arts administrators and producers, board members, production crews, interns, provocateurs and enablers.” That sounds like anyone and everyone.
For more information, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017
- Getting Sweaty at the Museum - August 11th, 2017