Many towns have artists who extol their city’s virtues (think Gonzo247’S “Houston is Inspired” mural), but artist Chance Bailey Johnson truly loves El Paso. Johnson explains:
We have so many good landmarks. We have a mountain that’s beautiful. We have the beautiful Plaza Theater. We have the alligator plaza, It’s an amazing feeling to know you’ve finished a masterpiece, and that it’s done and it’s perfected.
KVIA-El Paso reported on Chance yesterday. He’s certainly proud, but doesn’t Chance sound a bit pompous? He should, because he’s only ten years old. We have decades and decades to follow his career.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Artists: Learn How to Get Money, or Put Your 2¢ In - March 29th, 2017
- Outsider Artsmarter Working From the Inside - March 28th, 2017
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017