Many towns have artists who extol their city’s virtues (think Gonzo247’S “Houston is Inspired” mural), but artist Chance Bailey Johnson truly loves El Paso. Johnson explains:
We have so many good landmarks. We have a mountain that’s beautiful. We have the beautiful Plaza Theater. We have the alligator plaza, It’s an amazing feeling to know you’ve finished a masterpiece, and that it’s done and it’s perfected.
KVIA-El Paso reported on Chance yesterday. He’s certainly proud, but doesn’t Chance sound a bit pompous? He should, because he’s only ten years old. We have decades and decades to follow his career.
also by Paula Newton
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 21st, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017
- The Obamas Choose Their Official Portraitists - October 17th, 2017