“This and That” is an occasional series of paired observations. -Ed.
Today: House Paint
…which brings to mind Mel Ziegler and the late Kate Ericson’s 1991 project, Camouflage House, which incorporated the 72 colors approved by the Charleston, SC zoning board:
Both projects involved historical houses in old American cities, both ruffled some local feathers, and both were returned to their original staid white after the artistic intervention for which they will be most remembered.
No matter how original, innovative or crazy your idea, someone else is also working on that idea. Furthermore, they are using notation very similar to yours. – Bruce J. MacLennan
also by Glasstire
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017
- Affordable Housing for Artists in Dallas Arts District Gets a YES - March 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: March 23, 2017 - March 23rd, 2017
- Here are your next Emojis! (T-Rex and Breastfeeding included) - March 22nd, 2017