“This and That” is an occasional series of paired observations. -Ed.
Today: House Paint
…which brings to mind Mel Ziegler and the late Kate Ericson’s 1991 project, Camouflage House, which incorporated the 72 colors approved by the Charleston, SC zoning board:
Both projects involved historical houses in old American cities, both ruffled some local feathers, and both were returned to their original staid white after the artistic intervention for which they will be most remembered.
No matter how original, innovative or crazy your idea, someone else is also working on that idea. Furthermore, they are using notation very similar to yours. – Bruce J. MacLennan
also by Glasstire
- Sculpture Month Houston Returns to Houston's Grain Silos - October 16th, 2017
- Art Organizations: the FEMA Deadline is Approaching - October 15th, 2017
- Kusama is Coming to Marfa - October 14th, 2017
- Valton Tyler Documentary Screening in November - October 13th, 2017
- Conceptual Art or Gag Gift? You Decide! - October 12th, 2017