“This and That” is an occasional series of paired observations. -Ed.
Today: House Paint
…which brings to mind Mel Ziegler and the late Kate Ericson’s 1991 project, Camouflage House, which incorporated the 72 colors approved by the Charleston, SC zoning board:
Both projects involved historical houses in old American cities, both ruffled some local feathers, and both were returned to their original staid white after the artistic intervention for which they will be most remembered.
No matter how original, innovative or crazy your idea, someone else is also working on that idea. Furthermore, they are using notation very similar to yours. – Bruce J. MacLennan
also by Glasstire
- Microsoft Paint Lives to Fight Another Day - July 27th, 2017
- Houston Announces $3.5 Million in Arts and Culture Grants - July 26th, 2017
- Awesome website: Typeset in the Future - July 25th, 2017
- Guerrilla Girls Coming to Talk at the DMA in August - July 25th, 2017
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017