Rainey Knudson and Christina Rees on beautiful people in Marfa, hippies in Houston, and, after a major controversy, the return of Contemporary Art Month in San Antonio.
1. CAM Perennial: Reflections on Landscape and Memory
Southwest School of Art (San Antonio)
March 10 – April 30
Opening March 10, 6-8PM
This year’s CAM Perennial is hosted by the Southwest School of Art and is curated by Chris Ingalls.
2. 30th Annual Black Women’s Film Festival
South Dallas Cultural Center
A film festival in celebration of Black Women’s Month. For tickets and more information, go here.
3. Deb Sokolow: Conspiracies, Minimalism, and the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
The Reading Room (Dallas)
March 11 – April 22
Opening March 11, 6-8PM
A show of hand-drawn and collaged books by Chicago artist Deb Sokolow.
4. Lynda Benglis, Alan Shields & Peter Young
Texas Gallery (Houston)
February 25 – April 1
A show of works by Lynda Benglis, Alan Shields & Peter Young.
5. Marfa Myths 2017
Venues across Marfa
March 9 – 12
The Marfa Myths festival is back! For more info on this year’s program, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: November 23, 2017 - November 23rd, 2017
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017