Rainey Knudson and Christina Rees on beautiful people in Marfa, hippies in Houston, and, after a major controversy, the return of Contemporary Art Month in San Antonio.
1. CAM Perennial: Reflections on Landscape and Memory
Southwest School of Art (San Antonio)
March 10 – April 30
Opening March 10, 6-8PM
This year’s CAM Perennial is hosted by the Southwest School of Art and is curated by Chris Ingalls.
2. 30th Annual Black Women’s Film Festival
South Dallas Cultural Center
A film festival in celebration of Black Women’s Month. For tickets and more information, go here.
3. Deb Sokolow: Conspiracies, Minimalism, and the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
The Reading Room (Dallas)
March 11 – April 22
Opening March 11, 6-8PM
A show of hand-drawn and collaged books by Chicago artist Deb Sokolow.
4. Lynda Benglis, Alan Shields & Peter Young
Texas Gallery (Houston)
February 25 – April 1
A show of works by Lynda Benglis, Alan Shields & Peter Young.
5. Marfa Myths 2017
Venues across Marfa
March 9 – 12
The Marfa Myths festival is back! For more info on this year’s program, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017
- Affordable Housing for Artists in Dallas Arts District Gets a YES - March 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: March 23, 2017 - March 23rd, 2017
- Here are your next Emojis! (T-Rex and Breastfeeding included) - March 22nd, 2017