We enjoyed this piece in the New Yorker about all their covers that have poked fun over the years at the socializing and art-ignoring that goes on at gallery openings.
Click here to see gallery-themed covers going back to 1930.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: September 21, 2017 with Lucia Simek - September 21st, 2017
- Houston Arts Alliance Names New CEO - September 20th, 2017
- Theaster Gates Named 2018 Nasher Prize Winner - September 19th, 2017
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017