We enjoyed this piece in the New Yorker about all their covers that have poked fun over the years at the socializing and art-ignoring that goes on at gallery openings.
Click here to see gallery-themed covers going back to 1930.
also by Glasstire
- Another Costume Contest at the DMA: This One is Lady Gaga - July 19th, 2017
- "Don't pretend that you're not proud of your work." - July 19th, 2017
- Christina Rees Wins $50,000 Rabkin Prize for Arts Writers - July 17th, 2017
- Austin's Blanton Museum Launches Music Residency Program - July 16th, 2017
- Hobby Lobby Pays $3 Million Fine & Forfeits Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq - July 15th, 2017