We enjoyed this piece in the New Yorker about all their covers that have poked fun over the years at the socializing and art-ignoring that goes on at gallery openings.
Click here to see gallery-themed covers going back to 1930.
also by Glasstire
- Dallas Contemporary's Playboy Bunny is Outta Here - March 28th, 2017
- Who owns the better gimp mask? Nasher or DMA? - March 27th, 2017
- Fearless Girl Statue to Remain on View Through 2018 - March 27th, 2017
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017
- Art Dirt 2: Controversy Over a Painting of Emmett Till in the Whitney Biennial - March 25th, 2017