The American Craft Council announced its 2017 Emerging Voices Awards and San Antonio’s Jennifer Ling Datchuk was honored as the emerging artist of the year. The Council awards one artist and one scholar with $10,000 and four shortlisted artists with $1,000 each in order to “recognize and celebrate the incredible talents of these stars who contribute to craft with their hands, minds, and creative spirits.”
Datchuk, Professor of Ceramics at the Southwest School of Art, has exhibited extensively throughout Texas and elsewhere. To learn more about her work, read the Glasstire article “Jennifer Ling Datchuk’s Search for Double Happiness” or watch the short video by Wally Films.
Congratulations to Jennifer!
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Artists: Learn How to Get Money, or Put Your 2¢ In - March 29th, 2017
- Outsider Artsmarter Working From the Inside - March 28th, 2017
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017