The San Antonio Magazine lists tons of stuff to do to celebrate Valentine’s Day, including an “Art Party: The Art of Love” tonight (February 10) at the San Antonio Museum of Art from 6-8pm: tours, live music, and a cash bar.
For old-fashioned romantics, the Briscoe Western Art Museum has set up letter writing stations complete with calligraphy pens and vintage typewriters so visitors can pen their own love letter. If the recipient works or lives downtown, volunteers from SATX Social Ride will deliver the letters by bike on Feb. 14. If they’re located somewhere else, the Briscoe will mail it for free with their own Pony Express stamp.
Extra love points for writing in cursive!
also by Paula Newton
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017
- Sand Art: Sculpture of Sculptures - April 21st, 2017
- Sexy Farrah Fawcett Made Art, Too! - April 20th, 2017