Michael Smith, studio art professor at The University of Texas at Austin has been selected for the fifth edition of the world-renowned Skulptur Projekte Münster (Münster Sculpture Projects) that takes place in Germany only once every 10 years, reports artnet.
The five major projects that will comprise next year’s exhibition (June 10-October 1) include historical reconstructions, singing paintings, human search engines, the opportunity to walk on water, and tattoos for senior citizens. Chicago-born Smith will set up a fully operational tattoo studio where the 65+ crowd can choose from a selection of tattoos designed by current and past Sculpture Projects artists. Smith and invited artist friends will also submit designs. The tattoo parlor will be run by professional tattoo artists based in Münster.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Annual Art Bazaar Returns - November 24th, 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017