The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth has announced its speaker schedule for the upcoming spring season for its acclaimed Tuesday Evenings at the Modern series. Curated by the Modern’s Curator of Education, Terri Thornton, the series is one of the best ongoing museum programs in the state, and brings in national and international (and often a few Texan) “artists, architects, historians, and critics” for lectures and presentations that are free and open to the public, each Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. (and for this season it runs February 28 through April 25). Some of the lectures coincide with the museum’s exhibitions.
Here’s the Spring 2017 lineup, via the Modern:
Annette Lawrence, artist and Professor of Studio Art at the University of North Texas College of Visual Arts and Design
While the lectures are free, the museum recommends showing up early enough to pick up the required ticket to enter the 250-seat auditorium (especially for big-name guest speakers, which this season would include Tuttle and Storr), though “a live broadcast of the presentations is shown in Café Modern for any additional guests,” and the “museum galleries remain open until 7 pm on Tuesdays during the series (general admission applies).” For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- This and That: Menil Drawing Institute / Pompeii - May 23rd, 2017
- Two Large-Scale Ai Weiwei Sculptures Come to Austin this Summer - May 22nd, 2017
- Here's Nasher's Summer Series Line-Up - May 21st, 2017
- Catch the SpeedBump Art Tour Today in Dallas - May 20th, 2017
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft Announces 2017-2018 Residents - May 18th, 2017