If you are an artist who lives and works in Bexar County and has ever had a desire to escape to Berlin, Blue Star Contemporary has the program for you.
Now in its fifth year, Blue Star’s Berlin Residency program is seeking applicants for a three-month long residency in partnership with Künstlerhaus Bethanien in Berlin, Germany. The deadline for interested artists is January 31, 2017, so you still have time.
In addition to the opportunity to attend the residency, Blue Star will cover the artist’s program fees, along with studio and living space. A total of four residencies will be offered over the 2017-2018 season and applicants need to be available to accept any spot offered to them:
July 15 – October 8, 2017
October 15, 2017 – January 8, 2018
January 15, 2018 – April 8, 2018
April 15, 2018 – July 8, 2018
Past residents include Jesse Amado, Joey Fauerso, Leigh Anne Lester, and Vincent Valdez, among others. To apply, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Houston Gallerist Lloyd Gite is Bringing Cuban Art to Texas - January 23rd, 2017
- Craft Artists: Houston's Center for Contemporary Craft Wants You! - January 22nd, 2017
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017