Koontz will lead the collaboration between UH and the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH). UH graduate students will work with museum staff to expand and organize the museum’s digital archive of 20th-century Latin American and Latino art, documents, and criticism. Graduate students in creative writing will work on translating documents; Hispanic studies students will help annotate and organize the art criticism; and art history students will work to connect the criticism with works in the museum’s own collection.
Big deal for Professor Koontz, UH, and MFAH!
also by Paula Newton
- Ann Hamilton Comes to Texas to Calm Us Down - January 23rd, 2017
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017