Koontz will lead the collaboration between UH and the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH). UH graduate students will work with museum staff to expand and organize the museum’s digital archive of 20th-century Latin American and Latino art, documents, and criticism. Graduate students in creative writing will work on translating documents; Hispanic studies students will help annotate and organize the art criticism; and art history students will work to connect the criticism with works in the museum’s own collection.
Big deal for Professor Koontz, UH, and MFAH!
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017