Koontz will lead the collaboration between UH and the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH). UH graduate students will work with museum staff to expand and organize the museum’s digital archive of 20th-century Latin American and Latino art, documents, and criticism. Graduate students in creative writing will work on translating documents; Hispanic studies students will help annotate and organize the art criticism; and art history students will work to connect the criticism with works in the museum’s own collection.
Big deal for Professor Koontz, UH, and MFAH!
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017