Koontz will lead the collaboration between UH and the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH). UH graduate students will work with museum staff to expand and organize the museum’s digital archive of 20th-century Latin American and Latino art, documents, and criticism. Graduate students in creative writing will work on translating documents; Hispanic studies students will help annotate and organize the art criticism; and art history students will work to connect the criticism with works in the museum’s own collection.
Big deal for Professor Koontz, UH, and MFAH!
also by Paula Newton
- Arts Donors: What’s in a Name? - May 29th, 2017
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017