A recap for those who have not been closely following this crazy crime spree in Philadelphia: back in September, someone was stealing 1s and 0s off the front of residents’ homes. Dubbed the “binary bandit,” victims and neighbors guessed that maybe he or she was working on “some sort of art installation,” according to Billy Penn.com.
The other night, an unknown man placed a plastic bag filled with 56 ones and 27 zeroes on the stoop of a previous victim. “The world stopped,” she said. “I thought there was going to be no end to this story. I kind of freaked out inside for a second.”
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017