A Chicago architecture firm, New World Design Ltd, has proposed an installation of golden flying pigs (place metaphor here) in order to obscure the Trump Tower Chicago’s 20-foot-tall TRUMP sign as a way to “provide visual relief to the citizens of Chicago,” reports Hyperallergic. Each of the four floating gilded pigs represents a year of Trump’s presidency.
This news comes just as Mother Jones reports that a terrifying superbug has invaded U.S. hog farms (read it—it’s alarming!). And the news comes just as our president-elect announced his selection of Scott Pruitt, a key architect of the legal battle against Obama’s climate change policies, to run the Environmental Protection Agency.
Maybe the pig is the new canary in the coalmine and architects and artists are the first to recognize the signs.
also by Paula Newton
- Ann Hamilton Comes to Texas to Calm Us Down - January 23rd, 2017
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017