A Chicago architecture firm, New World Design Ltd, has proposed an installation of golden flying pigs (place metaphor here) in order to obscure the Trump Tower Chicago’s 20-foot-tall TRUMP sign as a way to “provide visual relief to the citizens of Chicago,” reports Hyperallergic. Each of the four floating gilded pigs represents a year of Trump’s presidency.
This news comes just as Mother Jones reports that a terrifying superbug has invaded U.S. hog farms (read it—it’s alarming!). And the news comes just as our president-elect announced his selection of Scott Pruitt, a key architect of the legal battle against Obama’s climate change policies, to run the Environmental Protection Agency.
Maybe the pig is the new canary in the coalmine and architects and artists are the first to recognize the signs.
also by Paula Newton
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017