14 Pews, Houston
December 3, 2016 | 7:30–9 pm
A screening of fifteen three-minute interviews recorded by Bill Howze and Lynn Herbert in 1993. Featuring interviews with David McGee, Nic Nicosia, Greg Reuter, Bill Thomas, Toby Topek, Anne Wallace, Casey Williams, Helen Altman, Jesse Amado, Tré Arenz, The Art Guys, Eric Avery, Patricia Ruiz Bayon, Thomas Glassford, and Kelli Scott Kelley. Professor Cynthia Freeland, author of But Is It Art? and CAMH Senior Curator Valerie Cassel Oliver will facilitate a post-screening discussion.
Conduit Gallery, Dallas
December 3 – 31, 2016
Opening: December 3, 2016 | 6–8 pm
“Earthen materials such as clay and found objects are divorced of their practical usage and become part of a resonant feedback loop as Gibbons reaches into a spiritual world he himself acknowledges may not exist.”
3. Kermit Oliver
Hooks-Epstein Galleries, Houston
December 3 – January 7, 2017
Opening: December 3, 2016 | 5–8 pm
A show of new paintings and drawings by Kermit Oliver.
4. FEATURE: GOODE, TANCHAK, WINKER
December 1 – February 13, 2017
Opening: December 1, 2016 | 5:30–7:30 pm
An exhibition featuring works by Jenaro Goode (Houston), Keer Tanchak (Dallas) and Paul Winker (Dallas).
Southwest School of Art, San Antonio
Two days only! December 2 – 3, 2016
Opening: December 2, 2016 | 6–9 pm
On View: December 3, 2016 | 10 am – 5 pm
A two-day shopping event featuring more than 40 artists and makers selling their wares!
also by Glasstire
- SHSU Hosts an Art Walk in Huntsville - February 21st, 2017
- Glasstire names Christina Rees as Editor-in-Chief - February 20th, 2017
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017
- February 18: Artists Talks in Houston & 20+ Openings in Dallas - February 18th, 2017