CityLine is a big new mixed-use development in Richardson; it’s 186 acres of retail + apartments/condos on a campus at Plano Road and the Bush Turnpike. The developers, KDC, have commissioned and/or purchased five new public sculptures by both regional and national artists for the CityLine campus, and as of this week they’re newly installed. The works are by Gordon Huether, Cliff Garten, Joseph Havel, Angela Mia De La Vega, and collaboration between Timothy Berg and Rebekah Myers.
Gordon Huether’s Over the Moon (it’s a longhorn sitting on a crescent moon) is the biggest of the five, clocking in at 25 feet tall. Berg and Meyers have made big green smooth ceramic rabbit. Joe Havel’s work is a column of books made of bronze and resin. Garten’s work is abstract bronzes, installed to rise up from the base of a fountain, and De La Vega’s piece is a life-size bronze of two adolescents at play.
For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017
- Celebrate Earth Day with an Environmentally Conscious Film Festival - April 22nd, 2017
- West Austin Studio Tour Artists Announced - April 21st, 2017
- DMA Announces 2017 Artist Award Winners - April 20th, 2017
- Sixto Wagan Performs Again! - April 20th, 2017