Visual art has long had a presence at Austin’s SXSW festival and now the SX folks are making it official. They announced their first official Art Program, which will showcase up to five experiential installations throughout SXSW Music, Film and Interactive, March 11-20, 2017. SXSW is seeking submissions from both emerging and established artists working at the intersection of visual art, culture and technology. SXSW will provide funds not to exceed $10,000 for each installation.
The deadline for proposals is December 16 and participants will be notified of their status by the end of January. That timeline may be a bit too fast for many artists, but they are also taking ideas for 2018 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
also by Paula Newton
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017
- Sand Art: Sculpture of Sculptures - April 21st, 2017
- Sexy Farrah Fawcett Made Art, Too! - April 20th, 2017
- Death of the Cool: Barkley Hendricks, 1945-2017 - April 19th, 2017
- Performance Art Works Both Ways - April 18th, 2017