Applications for SMU’s Meadows Museum‘s annual Moss/Chumley North Texas Artist Award opened in October and while the original deadline was November 30, the organizers are now giving applicants until December 7. This is a $2500 cash prize given to professional, seasoned artists in the region “who has a proven track record as an active community advocate for the visual arts.”
Glasstire noted the names of this year’s jurors back in October, and we also noted that past winners include Ludwig Schwarz, Christopher Blay, and Frances Bagley (and more!: Susan Kae Grant, Stephen Lapthisophon, Darryl Lauster, Noah Simblist… ).
What and who are the jurors looking for? Via SMU: “The competition is accepting entries in the genres of drawing, painting, sculpture, assemblage, construction, video, photography, performance, and installation. To be eligible, an artist must reside in one of the following North Texas counties: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, or Wise.”
For more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- City of Austin Announces 2017 TEMPO Projects - September 24th, 2017
- Project Your Work Outdoors at 'Bring Your Own Beamer' in Dallas - September 23rd, 2017
- Rice University's Fondren Library Acquires Contemporary Arts Museum Houston Archive - September 22nd, 2017
- Free Workshop This Saturday To Help Save Water-Damaged Art Objects - September 21st, 2017
- Salvador Dalí is NOT the Father! - September 21st, 2017