Applications for SMU’s Meadows Museum‘s annual Moss/Chumley North Texas Artist Award opened in October and while the original deadline was November 30, the organizers are now giving applicants until December 7. This is a $2500 cash prize given to professional, seasoned artists in the region “who has a proven track record as an active community advocate for the visual arts.”
Glasstire noted the names of this year’s jurors back in October, and we also noted that past winners include Ludwig Schwarz, Christopher Blay, and Frances Bagley (and more!: Susan Kae Grant, Stephen Lapthisophon, Darryl Lauster, Noah Simblist… ).
What and who are the jurors looking for? Via SMU: “The competition is accepting entries in the genres of drawing, painting, sculpture, assemblage, construction, video, photography, performance, and installation. To be eligible, an artist must reside in one of the following North Texas counties: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, or Wise.”
For more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- SHSU Hosts an Art Walk in Huntsville - February 21st, 2017
- Glasstire names Christina Rees as Editor-in-Chief - February 20th, 2017
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017
- February 18: Artists Talks in Houston & 20+ Openings in Dallas - February 18th, 2017