This year we are celebrating Glasstire’s 15th anniversary! Launched by Rainey Knudson in 2001, today we are the oldest online-only art magazine in the country.
To mark the occasion, we asked professional data miner Diego Garcia-Olano to comb through our vast archive of 18,000 events and 10,000 articles, to find interesting patterns and relationships among the artists, writers, and venues of Texas. This fall, we are rolling out five different “interactive infographics” (i.e. maps and graphs you can click on to look at relationships between the data). These infographics will allow you to measure up our writers, discover how artists in Texas are connected, and find out what the demographic breakdown of the Texas visual art scene is. More about the project here.
Our second data mining project is list, by frequency, of all the words we’ve used since 2001. (Spoiler alert: the word we’ve used most is “art.”)
Part III: our Authors
As always, thanks for reading.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: November 23, 2017 - November 23rd, 2017
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017