This year we are celebrating Glasstire’s 15th anniversary! Launched by Rainey Knudson in 2001, today we are the oldest online-only art magazine in the country.
To mark the occasion, we asked professional data miner Diego Garcia-Olano to comb through our vast archive of 18,000 events and 10,000 articles, to find interesting patterns and relationships among the artists, writers, and venues of Texas. This fall, we are rolling out five different “interactive infographics” (i.e. maps and graphs you can click on to look at relationships between the data). These infographics will allow you to measure up our writers, discover how artists in Texas are connected, and find out what the demographic breakdown of the Texas visual art scene is. More about the project here.
Our second data mining project is list, by frequency, of all the words we’ve used since 2001. (Spoiler alert: the word we’ve used most is “art.”)
Part III: our Authors
As always, thanks for reading.
also by Glasstire
- Derek Jeter Wants to Kill Red Grooms' Baseball Installation - August 20th, 2017
- No Longer Art (Yet Another Proposal for Removed Confederate Statues) - August 19th, 2017
- Entire White House Arts Committee Resigns in Protest - August 18th, 2017
- Blanton Gifted Set of Leon Polk Smith Paintings and Drawings - August 17th, 2017
- Top Five: August 17, 2017 - August 16th, 2017