The FBI may have officially cleared presidential nominee Hillary Clinton of email shenanigans, but some far right news organizations have gone crazy over a specific email from Marina Abramović to the brother of John Podesta, Clinton’s campaign chairman. In an email dated June 28, 2015, Abramovic wrote:
I am so looking forward to the Spirit Cooking dinner at my place. Do you think you will be able to let me know if your brother is joining? All my love, Marina.
ARTnews reports that Tony Podesta, an Abramović collector, forwarded the invitation to his brother, who did not attend the “Spirit Cooking dinner.”
Wikileaks, who allegedly hacked the account of John Podesta, then tweeted the following:
The Podestas’ “Spirit Cooking” dinner?
It’s not what you think.
It’s blood, sperm and breastmilk.
But mostly blood.
Artnet news reports that “Those who pledged over $10,000 in support of the Marina Abramović Institute were invited to ‘Spirit Cooking with Marina Abramović,’ an event whose description advertised ‘A dinner night with Marina during which she will teach you and other backers at this level how to cook a series of traditional soups, which you will all enjoy together.’
It was just soup. But here is the Fox news report from Inforwars.com:
also by Paula Newton
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- New Curator of Asian Art at MFAH - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017