Longtime Houston art dealer Sean Rudolph died today after a courageous four-year battle with cancer. He was 58 years old. He is survived by his husband Brad Blume.
Rudolph’s involvement in the Houston commercial gallery scene stretches back to the mid-1990s, when he co-founded Rudolph Poissant Gallery. In 2004 he launched his own gallery, Rudolph Blume, and later partnered with Houston’s Artscan Gallery, headed by Volker Eisele, in 2008.
Plans for a memorial service have not yet been announced. We send our sincere condolences to Sean’s family and friends.
also by Glasstire
- A Side Trip to Michael Heizer's 'Double Negative' - June 27th, 2017
- Madrid Judge Orders Exhumation of Salvador Dalí's Remains - June 26th, 2017
- Protestors Gathered Yesterday Against the Station Museum's Andres Serrano Exhibition - June 25th, 2017
- Help Set World Record For Most People Dressed Like Frida Kahlo - June 24th, 2017
- Proof: Arts Organizations are Crucial to the US Economy - June 23rd, 2017