Longtime Houston art dealer Sean Rudolph died today after a courageous four-year battle with cancer. He was 58 years old. He is survived by his husband Brad Blume.
Rudolph’s involvement in the Houston commercial gallery scene stretches back to the mid-1990s, when he co-founded Rudolph Poissant Gallery. In 2004 he launched his own gallery, Rudolph Blume, and later partnered with Houston’s Artscan Gallery, headed by Volker Eisele, in 2008.
Plans for a memorial service have not yet been announced. We send our sincere condolences to Sean’s family and friends.
also by Glasstire
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017
- Celebrate Earth Day with an Environmentally Conscious Film Festival - April 22nd, 2017
- West Austin Studio Tour Artists Announced - April 21st, 2017
- DMA Announces 2017 Artist Award Winners - April 20th, 2017