Longtime Houston art dealer Sean Rudolph died today after a courageous four-year battle with cancer. He was 58 years old. He is survived by his husband Brad Blume.
Rudolph’s involvement in the Houston commercial gallery scene stretches back to the mid-1990s, when he co-founded Rudolph Poissant Gallery. In 2004 he launched his own gallery, Rudolph Blume, and later partnered with Houston’s Artscan Gallery, headed by Volker Eisele, in 2008.
Plans for a memorial service have not yet been announced. We send our sincere condolences to Sean’s family and friends.
also by Glasstire
- City of Austin Announces 2017 TEMPO Projects - September 24th, 2017
- Project Your Work Outdoors at 'Bring Your Own Beamer' in Dallas - September 23rd, 2017
- Rice University's Fondren Library Acquires Contemporary Arts Museum Houston Archive - September 22nd, 2017
- Free Workshop This Saturday To Help Save Water-Damaged Art Objects - September 21st, 2017
- Salvador Dalí is NOT the Father! - September 21st, 2017